There’s a huge movement taking place right now in Los Angeles in the arts. Very slowly but very surely is this city starting to gain credibility in the international art scene– autonomous from the once prevalent stereotype of Hollywood glamor. So 2010′s L.A. Arts Month is particularly important for the city because it is a chance for L.A. to join together through a creative lens and not through the Lakers. Through the coming together of different cultures, and not through disparity.
There is a ton of interesting programming happening, but here are the ones that stood out:
1. 1/14: The 19th Annual International Los Angeles Photographic Art Expo
2. 1/14: Culver City Art Walk
3. 1/16: Miracle Mile Art Walk
4. 1/16: Urban Interventions
5. 1/22: Between Science and Magic @ SMMOA
6. 1/25: VIA/LAND Gonzalo Lebrija/ Sunset Boulevard VideoTRONS
7. 1/30: Art Circles at the Getty
Things I want to look out for is how art is integrated into the city, what kinds of people these events will attract, and what the attendees reactions are to art. So close your eyes, take a deep breath, and free your minds!
More information can be found: www.laartsmonth.org
(P.S. Wells Fargo customers get discounts!)