Though time seems to be a fuzzy concept these days, there’s one date this year that’s clearly etched in our brains: Tuesday, November 3—Election Day. Voting is a favorite activity of Team Poketo every election season; this year it feels absolutely mandatory.
We’ve compiled a mini resource list for you to register to vote, sign up to vote by absentee ballot, spread voter education in your community, or learn more about how to affect change in swing states before this year’s election:
- When We All Vote (https://www.whenweallvote.org/): Launched in 2018 by co-chairs Michelle Obama, Tom Hanks, Lin-Manuel Miranda, Janelle Monae, Chris Paul, Faith Hill, and Tim McGraw, When We All Vote is a non-profit, nonpartisan organization that is on a mission to increase participation in every election and close the race and age voting gap by changing the culture around voting, harnessing grassroots energy, and through partnerships to reach every American.
- I Am A Voter (https://iamavoter.com/): A nonpartisan movement that aims to create a cultural shift around voting and civic engagement by unifying around a central truth: our democracy works best when we all participate.
- Fair Fight (https://fairfight.com/): Founded by Stacey Abrams, Fair Fight promotes fair elections around the country, encourages voter participation in elections, and educates voters about elections and their voting rights.
- Community Change Action (https://communitychangeaction.org/): A national organization whose mission is to build the power and capacity of low-income people, especially low-income people of color, to change the policies and institutions that impact their lives.
Swing State Campaigns
- Vote Save America (https://votesaveamerica.com/): Run by Crooked Media, Vote Save America is a website, an initiative, and a community to help with a step-by-step guide to make a difference in November, from requesting an absentee ballot to adopting a state that will have a big impact on the results of the 2020 election.
- Postcards To Voters (https://postcardstovoters.org/): Volunteer-sent friendly, handwritten reminders to targeted voters giving Democrats a winning edge in close, key races coast to coast.
- Movement Voter Project (https://movement.vote/): Works to strengthen progressive power at all levels of government by helping donors—big and small—support the best and most promising local community-based organizations in key states, with a focus on youth and communities of color.
- Swing Left (https://swingleft.org/): Helps you find the most impactful things you can do to help Democrats win the most important elections through a carefully curated mailing list of updates and ways to take action.
We also created an exclusive postcard design encouraging recipients to vote. We’ll be including a 5-pack with each online purchase in the US while supplies last. We hope you use your free postcards to encourage your loved ones to vote, or to reach out to voters in key states coast to coast.
In these times when it can be tempting to feel helpless, let’s exercise the immense power of our right to vote (and convince others to vote, too)!